Share | 

Small story

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jacelyn
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Small story   Tue May 11, 2010 12:10 pm

I've said it multiple times before, but my work is extremely boring, giving me time to think a lot... Dangerous, I know. Well haven't written much lately, even tho I love it. This thing popped into my head while at work, interrupting it for 20-30 min.. Had to write it down Very Happy Forgive if there's still grammar etc mistakes, I tried to screen it through.. And otherwise, don't be too harsh, it's rush job Embarassed

Fight of Chanter

That day I was flying around Abyss, in search for aether to use on my crafts in progress. The vast space was quiet, just me and the passing meteorites. Down below, monsters roamed the deserted surface of Krotan's volcanic scenery. Spotting another burning vortex a little bit above me, I drank another wind serum to restore my energy. Flying does take a toll on you.

Just when I was starting to extract aether, I heard rustle from above me. Curiously I peeked over my shoulder, gasping a little in shock. Just when that Elyos sorcerer snuck up on me? The tell-tale mumbling and purple glow around her hands told me I'll be forced to sleep in one second, unable to counter anything. Praying that I'd be fast enough, I closed my eyes, sending little prayer to healing gods. By some miracle, I got surrounded by healing glow just before the spell cast was finished and I was sleeping. Immediately after, the sorcerer started casting another spell.

Adrenalin flooded my system, making my heart race and my hands shake. Under the forced sleep I was clenching my hands around my staff. Please, let me make it alive. Tho multiple fights against this breed of fighter had taught me that I'd be soon seeing the Soul Healer, getting ripped off yet again.

Sending prayers to the Shedim Lords, I waited for the sorcerer to finish his casting. Soon her magic hit me straight on my ribcage, knocking the breath from my lungs. Ice cold wind froze my muscles, making me sluggish. Tensing my muscles, I whipped out with my staff, sending a shockwave towards the sorcerer. I could've weeped for joy, when the shockwave stunned the sorcerer for seconds, giving me enough time to cast another heal. Praying to the spirits of fighters long gone, pleading for their strength, I was surrounded by the ghosts of their weapons, wrapping around my body like a mothers hug.

With rage-filled scream, I twisted my body, sending greater shockwave, carrying the power of earth with it towards the sorcerer, that got mostly absorbed by her shield. Muttering curses under my breath I retreated as fast as I could when I saw her casting another control skill. Quickly focusing my power to increase my flight speed, I was able to get out of range, before the spell was finished. Just in time for me to be able to send out another stunning shockwave, luckily stopping the sorcerer on her tracks.

Small, victorious laugh escaped my lips when I saw her shield getting destroyed and small wound appear on her cheeck from my attack. Pressing my luck, I cast a small continuous heal on myself, sending another prayer out for more power to defeat my enemy. Ghost swords still swirling around me, I flew straight to the sorcerer, swinging my staff in horizontal arc straight to her ribs, startling her in the middle of another spell cast, causing her to falter in her words. Quickly following with another swing to her other side, I was able to knock the breath out of her.

She composed herself, casting a shield that block my attacks again, giving her time to cast another control spell. Curses broke free from my lips, when I could feel my body transform into ancient tree. My eyes, tho unseen in this form, widened when she started muttering the incantation that all fighters fear. Battle skill, that had been solely designed to fight enemy. Resigned to my faith, I closed my eyes and braced for the impact of huge spirits attacking my body, ending my life in blink of eye.

Second passed.. Another second.. Carefully I peeked between my lashes, I was still transformed to huge tree, but alive. How it could be, nobody survived Lightburst? Once my limbs were freed from the spell I immediately swung my staff in upwards motion, followed by rapid volley of upwards strokes, picking speed from both sides of my body. Vaulting over my staff, bringing it down with all my bodyweight, the wooden pole impacted on the sorcerer's shoulder, the impact snapping her neck and ending her life.

For a while, I was floating in my place. Taking a deep breath, I realised I had been holding my breath most of the fight. Feeling a giggle raise from my throat, I let it ring free. I was still alive! I think, by a miracle, the spell that was supposed to end my life had missed or the power hadn't been to it's full.

Never the less, I was alive. Not for long if I didn't move away from the spot soon, I had a feeling the sorcerer would be coming back, with back up. With small smile on my face, I flew to the safety of Krotan's fortress, quickly searching the teleporter and asking for lift to Primum Landing. Doesn't hurt to be too safe, now does it? In the safety of homebase, I sat down, slight tremors of adrenalin rush passing going through me. Surrounded by allies, I sighed and shook last tremors off. Maybe I'll meet that sorcerer one day again. Maybe the outcome will be different that time, who knows.

The end.

Last edited by Jacelyn on Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing skill name, I'm a noob, I know :3)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duck
Duck
Duck

PostSubject: Re: Small story   Wed May 12, 2010 1:56 am

Way awesome, nice work ! ^^

Hillary
OMG User
OMG User

PostSubject: Re: Small story   Wed May 12, 2010 3:25 pm

nice work :O you totally got me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://svenskfotboll.se/svensk-fotboll/om-svff/distrikten/?scr=t
Epyon

PostSubject: Re: Small story   Wed May 12, 2010 4:29 pm

I didn't breath through out the whole story Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wonder

PostSubject: Re: Small story   Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:28 pm

nice story i can rly feel it

the reason why shadowburst didnt effect you was maybe because you're a creature of the shadow Very Happy elyos use lightburst Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacelyn
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Small story   Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:30 pm

Mah, my bad ^^ Did write this at work and never seen ellies use the skill so I just thought it's the same Very Happy I'm not threat big enough to warrant the use of lightburst. I'm usually squished with regular skill (pvp machine, I is not)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small story   

Back to top Go down

Small story
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1